Wednesday, 31 March 2010

The saying goes that time flies whilst you are having fun, and that is most certainly the case with mum's visit - can't believe that she has already been here two weeks, and that I have only done one blog post in that time ;0)

To catch up.......

Mum and I have spent a fair amount of time out and about shopping and have completed my spring terrace which is attracting all kinds of little butterflies and ladybugs, so lovely to sit outside on the rare sunny day and enjoy the flowers - it has been a long, cold, bleak winter.



Yesterday after a big rain shower we were blessed with this gorgeous rainbow


The fact that it became a double rainbow made it all the more beautiful


Nick Nick is the only one in the family who doesn't mind all the rain lol



The children have loved having granny with us and have spent lots of quality time cuddled up listening to stories and chatting about their lives here, it is quite heartening as a mum to listen to them (when they don't know I am around) and hear that they genuinely are happy living in England.

Nick Nick has LOVED having Granny's attention and really "plays" for the crowd :0)


We collected my new car on Tuesday and am LOVING it, I have called her Daisy and Tracy has made me the sweetest little decal which I am having made and which will be going on her back - the kids are enjoying all the space and even Si seems to have fallen in love.


Megan breaks up for two weeks Easter Holiday today and her and Gran are off for a girls morning in Lindfield tomorrow while I take Nick Nick off to baby group. Phil breaks up tomorrow and we have some lovely outings planned if the weather will just give us a break and stop raining for a short time.

So so lovely to have my mom with me, wish time could just slow down a little bit as her holiday just seems to be rushing by.

6 comments:

linda andrew said...

it all looks so bright and happy - love the car adore the garden wonderfull to see you all in the photos - mmmm no let me rephrase that - NOT ONE BLINKIN PHOTO OF YOU MY FRIEND.....

Marcelle said...

Lovely to read that you having a good time with your mom....time does fly, I got back 5 days ago from a 5 week trip to my family in Cape Town, weather was amazing, was so good to be away from winter and snow, now hoping Germany will hurry and warm up as I am feeling homesick for summer and sunshine.

mary said...

HI THERE ANDREA.IT IS SO TRUE,TIME FLIES BY SO QUICKLY WHEN A PERSON IS HAVING FUN.I LOVE THE LOOK OF YOUR "PATIO" WITH ALL THE FLOWERS & COLOUR.IT IS SO CUTE TO SEE NICK RUNNING AROUND IN THE PUDDLES.JUST CAN'T BELIEVE HOW BIG HE IS GETTING.LOVE YR NEW CAR & IT IS NO WONDER THAT THE WHOLE FAMILY ALSO LOVES HER.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT YOUR MOM HAS BEEN THERE TWO WEEKS ALREADY.WHEN IS SHE ARRIVING BACK IN S.A.?

MISS YOU LOTS

LOVE TO EVERYBODY
MARY

Jenny in Durbs said...

Sounds so enjoyable & there's nothing like a Mum. Enjoy your spring & coming summer. Your car looks so jazzy.

Jo said...

I LOve your new car! and the flowers on your patio! Very creative - the bird house is too sweet. Looks like your walls could be Suffolk Pink? Very popular in these parts. Enjoy the time with your Mum.

Beryldene said...

GF I LOOOVE your gorgeous little potted garden on the porch - so lovely and bright! Of course quite ironic that poor Gill has to travel millions of miles to GARDEN!! LOL!! - she'll know what I mean tee hee...

ok so back to your post...the car - to DIE FOR...i think you and "daisy" are going to enjoy clocking many many happy miles together...