Monday, 26 April 2010

Monday 26th April 2010

Today is officially my hardest in England so far - for some reason this time Mom's leaving has really shaken me and it is taking all my willpower to hold it together. I think as I have said so many times before, in my opinion year 2 is the hard one in an immigration and although our second year is now nearing its end it has definitely been the most challenging and this is just another example of what I mean.

I am not however one to collapse under the pressure and after a very sad morning I have decided it is now time to pull it together count my blessings and find the joy so I am off to take Nick Nick for a play in the park with his sister while we wait for Phil to finish chess - as Lin said, try not to cry that she has left but rather smile that she was there, and that is exactly what I am going to do from now on.

The fact that I now know Linnie and co are also coming for the bank holiday weekend has helped beyond measure as I now have something to look forward to and focus on and then the following weekend I am up in London with Tanya for a girlie weekend. My advice when you find yourself in these desperate situations is DISTRACTION DISTRACTION DISTRACTION.

Miss you mom.....huge huge granny size hole in the house right now xxxxx

4 comments:

Marcelle said...

I know i dont have to tell you but am anyway...
I SO UNDERSTAND HOW YOU FEELING..living away from family is not easy...
Saying good bye is the hardest for me, its me who always leaves...but as you said, you have to feel sad, cry then get up, brush yourself off and carry on...thats me for the last 5 and a half years...
You so right, the 2nd year was my hardest as well...then my 4th...now I take it day to day...I've learnt one has no idea what surprises lie around the corner, so make the most of today, live in the NOW.

Am sure your mom misses you and her grandkids as well...

linda andrew said...

well done - you documented the reality of living in a different country - being away from family is BLINKING HARD .....tomorrow you will be fine well done for allowing yourself today to "feel"

Mel said...

Ah, I can feel your pain in this post. You are a strong chick!

Hugs to you.

Jo said...

Shame and I feel awful, I have only caught up on your blog today (friday), i get so busy in the week and I prefer to savour the blogs on the weekend. We really need to get together cant you drive up here? LOL we dont have space but we have beds. Please keep your skype on I am always on skype at work.