It is amazing how quickly one returns to routine and just how comforting that routine can in fact be. I am back on my feet and once again feeling strong and positive about our life here - does it mean I don't miss my mom? No ways.....I miss her every single minute but can now look at the bluebells she put in out house (picked from the garden not the woods) with a smile rather than a tear.
I have kept myself exceptionally busy over the last couple of days and have been sure to surround myself with people who now known and (I think) care for me and this afternoon for the first time since Sunday I am able to sit quietly in my lounge while Nick sleeps and feel totally at peace. I am as always sobered by just what a long and hard process this is, but am amazed at how it has made me grow and just what I am now capable of, in fact sometimes I am astounded by who I have become through this journey.
6 comments:
Oh routine is a wonderful thing. it's the only way I get through the long trips that Mike does. Each day just ticks over following the same format - not tedious believe me, but very comforting. See you soon!
Good to hear you are setting back into your routine again...whenever I visit SA it takes me a month to settle back in, but this time it went much quicker, I do think with time we settle in and love our new lives we chose.
Good for you Ands :)
hang in there Andrea - i am on my way - see you tomorrow !!!! yahooooo
Have fun with Linda and family, sounds like they are just what you need right now. xoxox
well done GF....it's amazing what we find when we dig deep into ourselves for the strength we need..
Glad you're back in a happy zone..
XXX
Post a Comment