Yuk yuk yuk....I have bronchitis and am a very miserable little bunny - have seen the doctor and am on antibiotics, but my word I don't EVER remember coughing like this....definitely have a new empathy with those suffering from Asthma.
Finding myself sick with a chest infection amidst all the hype surrounding Swine flu has been a slightly alarming feeling, especially as one of the spouses of a teacher at Megan's school has a confirmed case of the flu and we have all received a letter detailing what we need to do if any of the family start exhibiting symptoms.
In the face of this letter (and another one from Phillip's school reminding us of how to deal with spreading the infection as the season prepares to change) I find myself very encouraged by the information provided by the government on the pandemic and heartened to know that there are sufficient antiviral drugs available to treat 1/2 the population should it be necessary, not to mention the fact that the UK is one of the first in line to obtain the vaccine which will be available in September.
Some may feel that all this attention and information adds to wide scale hype and drama over the flu, which at the end of the day is just flu, but I enjoy knowing that the structures are in place to deal with the estimated 10 000 new cases which will be confirmed daily come winter.
5 comments:
Hope you feel better soon. :)
hey GF!
Sorry you ain't feeling so hot - reminds me of the time I arrived at your house armed with lemons, ginger, honey, rooibos tea and panados! LOL!...unfortunately it won't cure swine flu (sorrie)!!!
Oh no, how horrid, sorry to hear you're feeling yukky. On the plus side though, at least your Mom is there to help you. I know how tough it is to cope on your own when you're feeling grim, nothing quite like it to make you feel homesick for loved ones! I won't be in comms for the next ten days or so as we're off to the warmth of the Namib desert for a quick break with friends. It has been so cold here (-3 at 7:30am!!) that I'm looking forward to the heat! Lots of love to you as you get better, take care!
Hope you get better soon. There is nothing worse than being sick!!
HI THERE, BACK ON LINE & SO SORRY TO HEAR YOU NOT DOING TOO WELL.MY MOM THOUGHT FOR A MINUTE I HAD SWINE FLU WHEN I ARRIVED BACK IN S.A. BUT IT WASN'T.CAUGHT A BUG FROM AN ILL PASSENGER TRAVELLING NEXT TO ME BUT I AM FINE. HOPE YOU GET BETTER SOON.
TAKE CARE MY FRIEND
LOTS OF LOVE, MARY
Post a Comment