Tuesday, 28 July 2009

Thursday 23rd July 2009

Being part of an "mom's" group with babies of all the same age has meant that there has been a load of birthday parties over the last couple of weeks and finding a free date to host Nick's party was really hard - especially as so many of the ladies are now back at work and we only have Thursday's and Fridays together.


As a result Hilary and I decided to combine Nick and George's parties for this year - George is exactly 2 weeks older than Nick so we planned the party for the Thursday between their birthdays and although the weather didn't oblige it still turned out to be a lovely morning.
The babies had lots of fun crawling around playing with all Nick's toys and the mom's could just relax and chat.


During this process I couldn't help being struck by how my life has changed and how for both Megan and Phillip's first birthday parties the stress started to build about 2 weeks before (along with the preparations) and ball ponds were hired and menus planned and now here I was the morning of Nicholas's party popping into Sainsbury's for a few things to eat and a couple of balloons.....and you know what Nick LOVED his first party as much as the older two loved theirs - the main difference was that I wasn't too exhausted with preparation to enjoy it lol - I am really starting to like the new me :-)


5 comments:

Lisel Louw Greyling said...

HI! I can't believe how much Nicholas has changed already - and we haven't been gone a month! You've done such a great job! Give him a big fat South African kiss from me please!

mary said...

HI THERE.NICHOLAS IS GETTING MORE GORGEOUS BY THE DAY.I WISH I COULD CLIMB THROUGH MY COMPUTER & GIVE HIM A GREAT BIG KISS & HUG.

LOOKS LIKE ALL HAD A GREAT TIME. GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOU WERE NOT STRESSED OUT AT ALL AFTER THE PARTY.

LOVE & MISS YOU GUYS STAXS, MARY

Bernadine said...

Andrea Nicholas is absolutely gorgeous. :) Congratulations on his first birthday.

Ella Swan said...

Your attitude comes with age & experience. Having 2 more kids after the first 2 was the best decision we ever made..it is way more fun the 2nd time around...for the parents AND the children LOL

Michelle Ramsay said...

It all depends on how you deal with things as to how stressed or un-stressed you are. You have learnt to relax more - great and you will find that you are able to handle a lot more difficult things too.