Saturday, 11 July 2009

Saturday 11 July 2009

I sound a bit like a broken record at moment, but I simply cannot believe that another week has flown...time just seems to be speeding past and the more I do to try and slow it down the worse it gets. Nicholas will be a year old in just a few weeks and yet it seems like just the other day I had found out I was pregnant and Si and I were planning our big move.

These are a few things I have learned in the last 12 months
  • love between siblings is something totally unique and should never be underestimated
  • having a baby in a foreign country is terrifying and challenging but also incredibly rewarding
  • Children help us to make friends
  • The hardest part of marriage is getting the partnership right, but when it works it is the ultimate experience
  • We can live without our parents, but having them with us is the first prize
  • Good friendships can overcome great distances
  • You can live in a house but only certain places will become home, and I have now found mine in England....well for the foreseeable future at least
  • Earning income and contributing to the family is as important to me as it always was
  • there will ALWAYS be more washing, ironing and dusting so it is not so much a chore to be achieved but rather an ongoing process
Mom is enjoying her time with us and says she is now so relaxed she is almost in reverse.....it never ceases to amaze me that here she is ironing and washing and vacuuming and babysitting (all the things I have to do every day) and yet to her it is still a holiday....I am of course not complaining as it means I am having a break as well and recharging my batteries at the same time. We have been incredibly spoilt while she has been here and our home is now full of the little touches that make a house a home and that will stay with us after she leaves acting as a constant reminder of her time with us.

Off to Cuckfield this morning for Tums 2 Tots, have 5 shoots booked and I am finally getting my family in to do a session so a lovely day ahead despite the cold dreary weather.

4 comments:

linda andrew said...

so so happy for you my precious friend! loved reading your post.

Michelle Ramsay said...

I have to agree with everything that you have written. Hope your photoshoots went well.

mary said...

HI THERE,SO GLAD THAT YOU HAVE GOT FIVE SHOOTS BOOKED FOR TODAY.CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THEM AS WELL AS A FAMILY SHOOT OF YOUR FAMILY.

I KNOW, AS I WITNESSED MYSELF,HOW MUCH YOUR MOM BEING THERE HAS HELPED YOU.WISH I COULD HAVE DONE MORE.

ENJOY YOUR TIME WITH HER & TREASURE EACH DAY.

MISS YOU ALL VERY MUCH, LOVE MARY

Beryldene said...

GF - time does fly when you're having fun!!! So as the seconds fly by, seek comfort in the fact that it's a sign that you are busy and HAPPY....that's such a good place to be my friend...a gift in itself! Thanks for reminding us of some facts of life that are and always will be - so much truth in what you say about good friendships!