Sunday, 19 April 2009

Sunday 19th April 2009

What a stunning stunning weekend......I was blessed enough to spend almost all day Saturday doing 6 back to back photoshoots for Tums 2 Tots and I LOVED every second of it - it is some of the hardest work I have ever done and I was physically and creatively exhausted at the end of it, but totally totally fulfilled. I am so grateful to my parents (for the financial support) and my dh (for uncomplainingly watching the children all day AND cooking the dinner when I got home) for this wonderful opportunity, it really is a dream come true.

I woke up early today to another perfect English spring morning and made a snap decision to gather the family up and head north to Thorpe Park for the day


Phillip has turned into a real thrill seeker and the bigger and faster the rides the better......Megs prefers to keep her feet planted firmly on solid ground so it was up to poor Simon to keep Philly company on the EXTREME rides - I still don't think he has totally recovered and had me in fits of laughter as he described their escapades.


My favourite story was when they went on the DOMINATOR, which is basically a huge shaft up which a set of seats is winched and then suspended for a random number of seconds before plunging back down in free fall, stopping only feet above the ground - my dh was positively grey when they landed and told me with much concern that he was sure his heart actually stopped for a moment up there.....it was so *(&*ing high, he then went on to explain how he literally couldn't breath the whole way down but wasn't too concerned because he had taken in so much oxygen hyperventilating on the way up.....poor man, he has asked me to invite my cuz along on our next trip to do these crazy rides with Phil in future (lol).

Such a fun fun family day and one that I will remember for a long time.

5 comments:

Beryldene said...

GF - how positively AWESOME - looked like you all had a wonderful day out - as usual exploring what your new environment has to offer! I hope you saw me there somewhere, as I saw you on Sunday - EVERYWHERE....
love you madly
B
PS: I love love love when you include pics of you on the posts - make you seem just that much closer (as in 30 cm's away!LOL!)

Anonymous said...

Sounds as though you had a fabulous family day with lots of smiles on every ones faces.....thankyou for sharing it with us.

Jacqui said...

BEAUTIFUL pics!! You all look as if you have had a fabulous day. Enjoy the warm weather.
I've been "man down" in bed for 2 days so I can relate to the sick baby thing as i've felt like that myself (lol).
Glad hubby's feeling more like himself - awful when they are not as hapoy as they should be.

mary said...

Hi my friend.Thanks for all the wonderful pictures.It was so nice to see a few of you.Loved the one with you & Megs.You are looking really good.The kids & Simon all seem so happy & such a nice sight to see.

You must post more pictures of yourself on the blog.

Take care. See you sooooooon!!!! Love, hugs & kisses, Mary

Ella Swan said...

Yikes! My kids & dh also love all that stuff & I am the one left holding the sweaters, etc!