Monday, 13 April 2009

Monday 13th April 2009

The weather this morning finally cleared and Si and I decided to seize the opportunity, grab the children and head out for a walk followed by a lovely lunch at our new fav restaurant. It was stunning to stroll through the park and although the daffodiles have started to die now, the tulips are totally spectacular. I have never seen them growing before (only ever in a bunch) and as they are my all time favourite flowers you can imagine I simply couldn't resist photographing them.




Si and I never cease to be amazed by what happens to the English when the sun shines (although after this winter we do definitely understand it lol), and it felt like the whole world was out with us soaking up the sun and enjoying the warmth, there was a friendly holiday feel in the air and everyone seemed to be smiling and enjoying themselves.


Lunch at the Harvester in Haywards Heath was followed by a couple of hours in the parkgrounds surrounding the restaurant where Megs and Phil got to enjoy a ride on a real steam train and Nick and Phil spent some bonding time while their big sister sat making daisy chains in the sunshine.






A very relaxing afternoon and a promise of what summer has in store for us.....even Si had a smile on his face as he lay on the grass with his shirt off watching the children.

7 comments:

Ella Swan said...

It's been such a lovely holiday everywhere in the world. My dh is also much more content & rested after it...Glad you had such a lovely day ;-)

Anonymous said...

Loved the photos of the flowers and the children,especially the one of the three of them together.

Cheryl Goodenough said...

Wonderful pictures, Andrea.

linda andrew said...

awesome......aaaaah simon without his church now thats a vision !!!

Jacqui said...

I can almost feel the grass and the warmth of the sun as you describe your day - awesome. Your 3 little ones look so content!

(Tulips are also my best, don't seem to come across them too often in Durbs though, and if ww gets them they are horrendously expensive.)

Beryldene said...

GF - GF - GF - as my salmon, do I need to even SHARE what is going through my mind as I DRINK in the beauty of these FLOWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and your photography - omg!!!!!!...what stunning pics GF - my mind just cannot comprehend how beautiful these flowers are TRULY! I can just picture the two of us oohing and aahing over them together one day - XXX
Miss you stax - EVERYDAY

mary said...

the flowers & the colours is absolutely stunning.Not to talk about the kids.They are all so relaxed & seem to be so close. Phillip will take his "big" brother role seriously when it comes to Nick by just looking at the pictures.

Love Megs necklace she made.Maybe if I am in luck she will be able to make me one when I get there.

You have got three amazing kids, who in turn are blessed by two wonderful parents.

Love & miss you guys staxs, Mary