Today has been a strange one for me, the wind is a little less full in my sails and I am constantly too and froing (spelling??????) over my decision to move - I fell in love with the flat the moment I saw it, but I have been filled with dread at the thought that maybe we are only happy here because of where we live and this move will wreck everything.....stupid I know, but it is amazing and silly the things that we cling to when we are so far from everything that is safe and familiar.
We have also had a fantastic landlord so far and I guess the thought of changing is also unsettling me....I have heard some real horror stories about difficult landlords and the fact that our new one will literally be living next door has me a bit unnerved.
Fortunately I have had a bit of exciting news just when I needed it which has lifted my spirits considerably - my cuz will be away for the Easter weekend and we are going to go up to London for two days and crash at his on the night in between.....I absolutely ADORE London and have been dying to get some good sunrise photos of the Thames which Andrew's flat overlooks, so guess where I will be in the early hours of Easter Sunday morning. Yippeeee something so lovely to look forward to, am now counting the sleeps till the weekend!
4 comments:
Oooh that is soooooooooooo exciting...can't wait to see the pics ;-) You have decided to move so you must just go with it now & try not to worry. We had something similar this year when we sent Jack to DHS as the ONLY boy from Virginia as all the others were going to Clifton/Northwood. I thought so many times of pulling out but remembered how hard we had deliberated. Now he is there & loving it and THRIVING I know we did the right thing. No doubt it will be the same for you as you didn not enter lightly into it...Remember (Mr Price saying!!! - change is good...)
DON'T THINK YOU NEED TO STRESS ABOUT THE MOVE.YOU HAVE ALWAYS MANAGED WHEN A CURVEBALL IS THROWN AT YOU.AS THEY SAY,A CHANGE IS AS GOOD AS A HOLIDAY.AM SURE THAT YOU WILL BE VERY HAPPY IN YOUR NEW HOME.CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT.
ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND IN LONDON.AM SURE YOU WILL CAPTURE MORE AMAZING PICTURES TO SHARE WITH US ALL.
TAKE CARE & GOD BLESS, LOVE YOU GUYS, MARY
Hope you have a fabulous weekend. When you're looking out over the London skyline, think of this contrast - we'll be in thick, thorny bush camping on the edges of the Kalahari Desert. We're spending the weekend in Ghanzi,which has one of the largest San populations left. It's always a grounding experience seeing how people have survived for hundreds of years without any of the material trappings that we think are so essential for living! If you think of me, I'll think of you as I stare out over the bushveld. Have fun and take care. xxx
Gf - when you're an optimist such as you are, life generally shines, no matter where you are. There is always a reason and a lesson to be found behind every journey and every situation - if practically speaking this move makes sense then just manifest good things and see the trepidation as just the natural order of things and a by product of what happens when change is imminent. You fell in love with this place - love at first sight...that was your gut feel.
Post a Comment