Sunday, 14 March 2010

What does it mean to be a Mother?

I think Mothering is different to each and every person experiencing it and as today is Mothering Sunday I guess it is something I have been thinking about - to me it is the following
  • Love beyond measure and condition
  • Joy without limits
  • Guilt without end
  • Frustration and exhaustion
  • Wearing my heart on the outside of my body which can hurt like hell
  • Willing to kill or die for my babies
  • Fear of the unknown
  • Overwhelming responsibility
  • An ongoing test of patience
  • A new lesson about myself every single day
I LOVE being a mother, and although at times I find it brings me to the absolute end of my tether, I am so grateful for my three beautiful children - they were a gift from God created especially for me and I only pray that I can serve them and raise them in a way that is deserving of this tremendous responsibility.

3 comments:

CG said...

What a lovely post - very true! Thanks for visiting my blog - we seem to have a lot in common!

Michelle Ramsay said...

So true. Hope you had a great day and were appreciated by all your family.

mary said...

HI THERE, I LOVE WHAT YOU WROTE. YOUR KIDS ARE SO BLESSED TO HAVE SUCH AN AMAZING MOM JUST AS YOU ARE TO HAVE SUCH AMAZING KIDS.I COULD TAKE A LEAF OR TWO OUT OF YOUR BOOK.

MISS YOU LOTS

MARY