Tuesday, 16 March 2010

Tuesday 16th March 2010

Today my mum arrived from South Africa (dance) and it is just so so lovely to have her in our home.....she has settled straight in and sometimes when I look across the room at her it is like she has never been away.

We had managed to keep her arrival from the older children so they were beyond excited upon returning from school and finding her in the lounge, they have always shared a very special bond with my mum and for them having her here is like Christmas come early. It didn't take Nick Nick long to find out how special Gran is either and by this evening he was already starting to follow her around like a little shadow :0)

Nick Nick having enjoyed a chocolate dipper from Woolworths courtesy of Granny's suitcase


Bonding time


I am just like my papa, I DON'T like crusts (note them all piled up next to the plate)

6 comments:

linda andrew said...

aaaaah nothing like having family visiting - especially a mother !!! enjoy it all my friend really am equally happy and jealous all at the same time.

Jenny in Durbs said...

I can think of nothing better than to have your Mum & the children their gran. Enjoy every minute of it - I bet your Mum will too.

Ella Swan said...

Aaah that is wonderful news. Happy times! And how's that photo of Nic with all that food?! I had forgotten those messy days...Just thought you may like to know that since your beautiful bloggy makeover the wallpaper is taking a very long time to load this side that by the time it arrives I have read the entire post & it is very tricky with the pale blue writing as then that is still against the white so difficult to see clearly. Yours has always been one of my quickest loading blogs as you don't have lotsa fluff down the sidebar so me thinks it must be the template.

mary said...

HI MY FRIEND.AM SO JEALOUS THAT I COULDN'T BE THERE TOGETHER WITH YOUR MOM.HAPPY TO SEE THAT SHE ARRIVED SAFELY.HOPE THAT YOU GUYS HAVE A GREAT TIME.


LOVE TO EVERYBODY

MISS YOU LOTS
MARY

Jo said...

Hope you Mom has a fabulous and special time and you of course. x

Michelle Ramsay said...

Special moments with special people. Love Nick's face with all that chocolate!!