On Saturday morning we took a drive out to Lancing (about 40mins away just beyond Brighton on the coast) to test drive a 3 year old Vauxhall Zafira that we are hoping to buy. In England the government gives anyone with a disability a fully paid for and maintained car every 3 years - these cars are known as motability vehicles and they are literally fully services and looked after at the government's expense, which of course makes them sought after once they are sold off at the end of the 3 years. To cut a long story short, we have our eye on a March 2007 Zafira with 15 000 miles (24 000kms) on the clock and with a little bit of luck tomorrow it will be ours.
After our exciting morning (I really fell in LOVE with the car) it was off to lunch in Crawley before heading home to prepare for the Viljoen's for dinner, as always it was a lovely evening and a wonderful way to celebrate my birthday.This morning Megs had to leave early for a compulsory farm commitment so it was up with the sparrows for present opening (a wonderful digital photo frame from my dh) and then a Wii tournament between Phil and I. I had loads of phone calls and texts which made me feel incredibly special and as the weather was glorious we decided to hit the park for a couple of hours and enjoy the blue skies which we have missed for so long. Such a relaxed way to spend the day and then my gorgeous husband cleaned the WHOLE house for me when we got home (while I honed my wii skills lol) so that I wouldn't have anything to do during the week - a real blessing let me tell you.
Nick Nick enjoying the neighbours friendly cat earlier today


In the park enjoying the sunshine
Off to lunch with Catherine tomorrow and then I will put this years birthday behind me - a HUGE improvement on last years experience on the side of the M25 ;0)
4 comments:
Happy Birthday! Same day as my sil...I drive a Chrysler Grand Voyager that looks just like your {soon to be I hope!} car & love it...
love the new car - so so happy for you guys
Hi A :) Thank you for your comments on my blog. Your words about Jules and baby Jude were so... perfect. You put into words a feeling I haven't been able to quite define...
I've been wanting to ask you about your photography - you are wonderfully talented!! (My friend, Jules, is an incredible photographer too. Her blog link is in the {in memoriam} post. PS. Can't wait to hear if you got the car!!
HI ANDREA.SO HAPPY TO READ THAT YOU HAD A GOOD BIRTHDAY.MARY BOYS CHILD IS GROWING UP SO QUICKLY & HE LOOKS SO CUTE PLAYING WITH THE CAT.
ALL IN ALL, THE WHOLE FAMILY LOOK VERY HAPPY & RELAXED.
MISS U STAXS
MARY
Post a Comment