Shew, we have had a real run of sick kiddies just recently which has left me feeling emotionally and physically drained. After finally getting away on holiday with Nick still running mild temps on Sunday which had all cleared up by Monday, Phillip started running temps last night which then delayed our leaving for Linda's by a day.....talk about a comedy of errors, let me tell you I have quite simply been ready to run away.
Fortunately, it seems Phil's temps are as a result of the tooth abscess which has been troubling him for a while (as opposed to anything more sinister) and now that we finally have him on a second dose of stronger, more potent antibiotics I am hoping that they will settle down quite quickly and we can salvage what is left of out time away.
Staying with Tanya has been wonderful (despite copious amounts of Calpol and Neurofen kiddies being required) and the weather has been good enough that we have spent some lovely days playing on the beach and rockpooling along the coast within walking distance of the Card home - the fact that I forgot my camera on BOTH occasions is testament to just how little sleep I have been getting :0)
Tomorrow we head South to Cayne and Linda and hopefully will put all illness behind us for a little while.
5 comments:
It is never nice having sick children, but glad they are all on the mend and you can continue with you holiday. Have fun and don't forget your camera!
Glad that you are "enjoying" the holidays despite the sickness setbacks. Mine have also been off this week - they have been taking it in turns - August being flu month & all - we know all about the Calpol!! Poor old Phil - sounds painful...hope it sorts itself out quickly. I find the more relaxed I am the more I forget my camera...somehow it's just more impromptu NOT to take photos all the time...although of course we have to fight against that to record the memories! Hope you manage to get some quality sleep soon. Nothing worse than being sleep deprived...
Posting this from Heathrow. Had U2 concert on Fri night then travelled up to M's family in Suffolk on Sunday. We were on the train to Hayward's Heath yesterday and thought of you! Stayed with mates in Oxted. Hope your kiddies improve soon - on our way home to see if ours have survived our first holiday ever away from them!
Hope you are enjoying your holiday and that all the kids are better. :)
Gf pity about the kids being under the weather...another season of parenting, but amazing how resilient we are, especially in the company of wonderful old friends.
Post a Comment