Thursday, 13 August 2009

Thursday 13th August 2009

I decided the Monday after Mom left that the only way to cope with the hole she left in our lives was to stay as busy as possible and to keep life fun and exciting for the children and myself. With this in mind I arranged for Phillip to go up to Crawley today with our neighbour and her son to watch the new animated movie G-Force and he has come home filled with the joys of spring and loving life.

While he was out Megs, Nicholas and I went to visit a friend of mine at her mom's house so that we could enjoy some time in their indoor swimming pool - what fun, Meg thought she had died and gone to heaven and her behaviour was so amazing that it was one of those very proud mommy afternoons for me.

Romy's parents also have the most stunning fruit trees growing in their garden and Megs was delighted when she was invited to head out and pick apples, plums and blackberries so that we can make some more jam. The weather was gorgeous, the company relaxed and the children happy....a diamond of a day.

Spent the early part of the evening making blackberry jam as you can't leave them overnight or they will go soft....am really getting in to this :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dad and I loved the long chat with the webcam just now and he is as smitten with Nick as I am.As I said your blackberry jam sounds divine,you must keep making jam while all that fresh fruit is about.

mary said...

WOW, WHAT I WOULD GIVE TO TASTE ALL THESE WONDERFUL JAMS YOU HAVE BEEN MAKING. PITY CAN'T BE POSTED DOWN TO S.A.

CAN JUST IMAGINE HOW MUCH FUN MEGAN HAD IN THE POOL & PICKING ALL THAT LOVELY FRUIT.

LOVE & MISS YOU GUYS LOTS, MARY

Michelle Ramsay said...

Yum, yum.

Gill said...

You are too domesticated, you put me to shame girl!! Seriously though, it all sounds utterly lovely, I am quite jealous.