Saturday, 15 August 2009

Saturday 15th August 2009

Today has been a very very hard one for me, the first without my mom and without the distraction of almost constant worry about Pedal Studio.....the website has launched incredibly successfully and every time I look at it I can't actually believe Si and I did it all - it has been an extremely steep learning curve and at times I think both of us thought the light at the end of the tunnel was an oncoming train, but we survived and the end result is DEFINITELY worth it.

Not having mom in the house has made the day long and at times lonely. The weather has been overcast and cold and the children have been ensconced with their dad enjoying PlayStation time together which has left me a little out on a limb...I know this sounds crazy, but I have had a 45 minute bubble bath, watched two movies, had tea with a friend, caught up on all the blogs and now I just want my mom - guess it will just take time to get used to her not being her again.

One highlight of the day was tea with my friend Cathrine and her mom...Catherine is one of those people you can just be yourself with, snuggle up on the couch and chat - she is also in the process of clearing her loft and very generously gave Nick a HUGE box of toys left over from her boys...STUNNING STUNNING stuff and as I type he is in 7th heaven crawling around exploring all his new possessions.

8 comments:

Michelle Ramsay said...

Ha ha, that is so cute!

Jenny in Durbs said...

He is looking more like a little boy than baby the last few pics. He has such a cute face & expressions. Enjoy your time even if its a bit lonely at times, I am sure its the same for your Mom after the special time you shared.

Anonymous said...

Dont be sad....we shared a lovely time and we are really not that far away from each other with all the modern technology .We can start planning my next trip!!!!!Loved the shot of Nick

mary said...

CAN IMAGINE HOW IT IS HARD FOR YOU AS YOU & YOUR MOM ARE SO CLOSE.HOPE THAT I WILL GET TO SEE YOU GUYS AGAIN NEXT YEAR UP THERE.LOVE THE CUTE PICTURE OF MY LITTLE BOYCHILD. HE HAS GROWN SO BIG & IS OH, SO SPOILT WITH ALL THOSE GORGEOUS TOYS.

WOULD LOVE TO BE THERE TO PLAY WITH HIM & KEEP YOU COMPANY.

GLAD THAT ALL IS GOING WELL WITH THE NEW "WEB" YOU & SI HAVE DEVELOPED FOR ANDREW.YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU PUT YOUR MIND TOO.

LOVE & MISS YOU GUYS LOTS, MARY

linda andrew said...

oh my gosh !!! inhale ...exhale......inhale....exhale...........i need a smoke !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ella Swan said...

Shame sometimes no matter what we do if we don't have the person we want with us then nothing seems good...you are very blessed to share such a loving relationship with your mum...not everyone has that...and wow you have had some lovely blessings with the bubble bath (gee I miss a bath - we only have a shower at the moment in our rented house) and ALL THOSE TOYS!!! BTW your little one sure is growing into a bonny boy ;-D

SA Expats said...

Nice website you guys created. I hope it is a big success.

Beryldene said...

And's - well done to you and Si for a job WELL DONE!!

GF before you know it your Mom will be back - just have to find ways to bridge that gap for the meantime!!..

Your boy is simply ADORBALE! :-)