Tuesday, 11 August 2009

Tuesday 11th August 2009

Occasionally one is blessed enough to experience a day as close to heaven as you can come on earth and today was just such a day for the children and I. Some people find their slice of heaven in the mountains, others in the city but for me it is and forever will be on the beach.

Kerry and I had made arrangements over the weekend to take all our children down to West Wittering today but unfortunately due to other commitments Kerry wasn't able to join us. As I had already promised my three, Megs, Phil, Nick and I head off on our own filled with more then a little trepidation considering the ominous cloud cover....but having faith in the weather forecast paid off and the day was perfect, the water was like a bath and all three children spent hours and hours splashing around enjoying the space and freedom.

Even the long drive isn't enough to dampen the magic of this special beach and I have to say it is fast becoming my favourite place in England.

4 comments:

SA Expats said...

I'm glad you guys had fun.

mary said...

THIS WILL HAVE TO BE PUT ON OUR TO-DO LIST WHEN I COME VISIT AGAIN.

GLAD TO HEAR THAT ALL HAD A BALL. WHERE ARE THE PICTURES.

LOVE & MISS YOU GUYS
MARY

Ella Swan said...

Wow I just never think of England & the beach in the same sentence, which is silly as it has loads of coastline! So glad you had such a lovely day. Admittedly I HATE the beach (having grown up in a land-locked country) but my kids just love it! Fortunately hubby is abeach bum so they get their beach time & I can scrap!

Jenny in Durbs said...

Hey sounds wonderful, I think there's nothing nicer than being outside & enjoying it & you guys seem to take every opportunity you can - which is great.