Thursday, 19 March 2009

Wednesday 18th March 2009

Awesome day.....definitely a diamond!

After leaving Nick with his day mother (or child minder as they are referred to here) who is also my dear friend Catherine I literally hit the ground running in order to get all my equipment set up for my first OFFICIAL day at Tums2tots....I was completely terrified if the truth be told, but it didn't take me long to hit my stride and I ended up LOVING every minute of it and having and absolute ball with the kiddies I photographed.

I had three sets to work with, two single babies and one baby with her big brother, fortunately I knew all the moms so that made it nice and relaxed and it was a lovely way to start my new business.

Nicholas also coped extremely well and was as happy as Larry asleep in the pram when I arrived to collect him. I count myself very lucky to have found Catherine as a friend first and a child minder second as I am totally at peace with Nick being with her and it actually wasn't hard at all to leave him with her as I know how much she loves him.

After a delicious Mac and Cheese cooked entirely by my clever daughter I spent the evening at a PTA meeting for Lindfield primary....have always found it the best way to make friends and find my feet at a new school and I am once again glad I went as a couple of mom's approached me as "fearless Phillip's" mother (once again my son's reputation proceeds me though this time in a good way) and suggested playdates with their son's from his class. Phil is certainly settling well and seems very happy with the move which is a wonderful thing.

Megs is preparing for SATS at the moment and is carrying a pretty heavy homework load, which she says, is interfering with her hectic social life......secretly I am enjoying it as she is home more ;-). She is still very happy here and looking forward to the upcoming year 6 performance and her trip to France which all kick off into high gear once SATS are over.

Off to Devon with the Andrew family for a long weekend on Friday so very excited, plan to sit and talk and talk and talk and just revel in being with old friends. Also checking out a car on the way so who knows.....hold thumbs for us please.

5 comments:

Michelle Ramsay said...

Oh my gosh, what stunning photos!!! I am sure you had loads of fun doing this.

Always good when your children settle in - nice that it is a good reputation - he he.

Enjoy your week-end - I am sure will be very special.

Jenny in Durbs said...

Fantastic photos ! Enjoy your break & relax - its sure to be a great time.

The housewife said...

Lovely to hear that you are back with diamonds. Beautiful pictures!

mary said...

TOLD YOU WUD BE GREAT & YOU HAVE SEEN FOR YOURSELF.THE KIDS ARE SO CUTE IN THE PHOTOS.HOPE YOU HAVE AN AWESOME WEEKEND & AM POSITIVE THAT YOU GUYS WILL FIND A CAR.JUST BELIEVE.

P.S. HAD TEA & CAKE WITH YOUR MOM YESTERDAY.IT WAS GREAT.

MISS YOU GUYS STACKS. MARY

Ella Swan said...

Lovely photos so a great success!!! Hope you do post all the sessions for us to see...you need to start a tums2tots blog (just to add to your workload,lol!)