A couple of years ago there was a lot of hype around a little book called "The Secret", some believed in it passionately and some slated it as non-christian nonsense....me I found it profoundly wise and some of the passages continue to resonate with me today.
I have alway counted myself as an extremely blessed person and although "The Secret" refers to it as "the universe" I have never doubted that God works in my life daily and through my relationship with Him all things are possible. I have been able to "manifest" many wonderful things into my life and it struck me today as I drove home from a craft group with Nicholas that our new home is no exception.
In September 2008, Nicholas and I attended a NCT post-natal course in Burgess Hill and I remember on our first visit turning into Howard Avenue and thinking to myself....WOW I would LOVE to live here. Today as I turned into the same road (the very one we now live in) I had a dejevu moment and remembered that thought....and guess what that is EXACTLY were we live.
Don't ever underestimate the power of prayer and of sending things out into the universe, it is only when we BELIEVE that good things can and will come to us that they do.......just a little thought, it has ALWAYS worked very well for me :0)
4 comments:
I have that book as well and SO believe in it!!!!
I love "The Secret" it changed my life. I have the career that I love, we're finally emigrating - something I've been wanting to do for years, and everything is exactly the way we ASK for it. It's nice to read someone's view of it - that doesn't automatically say that it can't 'fit in' with religion. Sure the title is a bit gimicky, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't contain ancient truths!
The Secret has a lot of wisdom, but I found it to be a little new agey. I loved watching the DVD and a lot of what is said is very true, I would however not easily let a baby Christian watch it...it could lead them astray. Sorry, my two pennies worth.
xx
ahhhh....looove this post....referenced from the same place my last blog post came from..GF...
the book changed my life, because I looked past the frills, and stuck to those core fundamental principles, which my Christian husband will confirm are all in the bible anyway.....
You have always manifested because you are grateful and you see the joy in even the smallest things in life....LOVE THAT
I am now reading Rhonda Byrne's sequel called THE POWER...and once again, it is working MAGIC for me....so enjoying it!!
Post a Comment