I am having a bit of a panicky moment and decided the best way to deal with it is to get it down....document my fears and maybe work through them at the same time.
We have just arrived home from a lovely day with Amanda in Tonbridge and the house is all quiet and peaceful, Megs is up in the bath (reading), Phil is on the couch watching telly and my little Nick Nick is curled up next to me on my recliner, watching telly and absent mindedly stroking my arm and giving it the occasional squeeze.
Hence my panicky moment...were is this little angel going to snuggle when I am breast feeding or dealing with our new little bundle. Nicholas and I have been together almost every moment for the last 910 days (give our take a few) and we are incredibly close....I can't help worrying how he will cope with his new sibling.
When Philly came into our lives Megs had her Gran close by to pick up the slack and give her the undivided attention when her Dad wasn't home....but what about Nick, yes my Mom will be with us for the first 6 weeks but after that this little man is going to have to grow up so quickly and the thought makes me a little sad and, if I am honest, more than a little anxious.
I am delighted with this pregnancy and the thought that our little family will be complete, and I know in the rational parts of my brain that another "little" one will be the best thing for Nick in the long run, he will have a companion in his age group and he will learn all those important life lessons having a close sibling will afford him BUT he won't be my BABY anymore and I am not sure if either he or I are ready for that :(
5 comments:
I think Nick will surprise you although I do identify with your fears too. LOL my baby is 25 but still the baby of our home. You will also have your older chldren who are great asset to you. Enjoy your weekend.
Hey GF...playing catch up today on all the news...
Only natural to have these moments, no?.....but when I see how loved and supported Nick Nick is by his siblings, let alone Granny, I KNOW he will be JUST FINE GF! He will have Granny for 6 weeks, and Phil and Megs!....and something soft and sweet smelling to cuddle:-)
gf I soo understand how you must be feeling, but you guys have gone through and accomplished so much and no doubt this will be just another transition that will be as smooth as those you've already gone through, remember.. everything happens for a reason :*
Happy home breeds happy children. The rest will take care of itself.
You will be just fine remember Megs will be a great help especially with the new one whilst you give N the special time he needs. x
Post a Comment