It is no secret that I have had my fair share of phone calls from Phill's schools over the years regarding discipline problems and bad attitude displayed in the classroom. It has been my opinion throughout that the boy is bored and needs huge extension to keep him gainfully occupied while at school and sadly it is something which he hasn't always been given.
I am thrilled and delighted to say that we finally have a teacher this academic year who agrees with me and under her firm but fair hand he is absolutely thriving. He has been chosen to attend the accelerated maths program, Science Master class and now the Big Bang UK Young Scientist and Engineers Fair and since September his whole approach to learning has changed. He has finally realised that what he puts in to school is what he gets out and the more he gives his teachers the more he will be selected for these "Gifted and Talented Children" programs.
I cannot describe how proud Si and I are of him and it is beyond wonderful to see him finally reaching his full potential.
7 comments:
Wonderful - congratulations - you must be soooo proud! :)
woo hoo Phil good for you. Thats fantastic & its such a pleasure when you get a teacher like that. Wishing all your children good teachers and great school days.
Well done Phil, it is amazing what the right teacher can do for a child when they take a bit of interest. You must be so proud of your young man.
I am so glad that he had found a teacher that knows he needs to be challenged. You have every reason to be very proud of your bright young son.
Amazing well done Phil
OH GF, you must be having such a PROUD MOTHER MOMENT!!!!!!!!!!
Your boy has incredible potential, and I have no doubt that for Philly this is the start of great things to come!!!
Please send him oodles of our love...
Post a Comment