After watching the news for a couple of days and seeing how the rest of the country had been thrown into absolute turmoil by this very early and unexpected "big freeze" our turn finally arrived on Tuesday and by this morning there was as much as 50cm of snow on the ground in some places.

All the schools are closed and the train network has come to as standstill. Fortunately for us we are all fit and healthy, have plenty of food in the house and no need for medical attention and so we are able to sit back and enjoy the experience. Si is able to log onto work remotely and so is able to work from our bedroom while the children and I have spend hours playing in the snow and then warming up with the
Wii.


Having gathered all the children in the house together this morning we decided to hit the meadow for a bit of "skimmer boarding". The walk there was very beautiful and there is something amazingly peaceful about a land covered so completely in white. I always think of it as the world gone monochrome and it is one of the most
restful experiences I think I have ever had.




As the snow is still very deep it made tobogganing, sledging and skimmer boarding a bit more difficult as ideally you need well compacted snow for this to really work, but the children
persevered and had an absolutely ball making snow angels and burying each other when all else failed.





It never ceased to amaze me that the UK hasn't seen snow like this for literally years and years and yet for all of our 3 winters here we have been blessed with this wonderful experience.
2 comments:
A true winter wonderland. It is beautiful and peaceful...and I bet pretty cold too;-D
Stunning photos Andrea.
What stunning photos - snow is really pretty (although freezing cold♥)
Post a Comment