Monday, 20 December 2010

Monday 20th December 2010

The snow started again on Friday and it looks like we may well be in for a white Christmas. Fortunately it isn't nearly as deep on the ground as it has been so the roads have been clear and we were still able to get out over the weekend.

Sunday morning we joined Kerry et al at church to watch their Nativity which Kerry has been working hard on with the Sunday school - I always like to include this story in our holiday time as it serves as a good reminder to our children that Christmas is about more than just the presents and decorations.

Lovely lunch at The Acorn in Burgess Hill with the Viljoens and then back to church in the afternoon for roasted chestnuts and carol singing. A group of us sang carols in the street and handed out mince pies to the homeowners while the balance remained at the church cooking. Once the sun set we all went inside for a carol service while the snow fell gently outside.

Such a special memory and one I really never thought I would live to experience.....looking forward to Christmas now and a fab day with the Viljoens.

1 comment:

Lynette Jacobs said...

What a wonderful way to spend a Sunday. I want to see more snow photos please:)