The temperature has really dropped over the last week and I am once again reminded of the huge necessity for gloves and scarves and hats before even attempting any kind of trip outdoors.....On Tuesday night Megan's farm club hosted "Carols in the Barn" and I must say it was absolutely lovely....if a little chilly....okay that is putting it mildly, it was (inappropriate word) freezing....-3 degrees and we were standing in a barn singing - thank heavens for the mulled wine otherwise I think I may have expired on the spot, my clever friend Michelle thought to bring hot water bottles along with her which was a godsend as I had left aforementioned gloves and hat at home in my rush to get the children there in time. Such a stunning stunning experience and another FIRST for England.
This morning dawned crisp and white and the frost was thick on the ground on my way to drop children at school - temps bottomed out at around -5 which made my hot chocolate and donut breakfast at the Ditchling Garden center with Catherine even more enjoyable.
View from our terrace this morning - white with frost

Some of you may recall my awe at the garden center last year and this year is just as wonderful, this time I remembered my camera and was able to snap a few shots of the displays.




Must confess to starting to feel the Christmas spirit this year and watching the first snow fall of the season through my bay windows while the christmas tree lights twinkled in the glass was a magical moment.....really a time to count our blessings.
2 comments:
sounds wonderfull, also loving this christmas more than last year - we have settled my friend, looks like a lovely garden center...we also visiting one this week-end as the girls adore the decorations and displays
WHAT ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL & AMAZING CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS.THERE ARE SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM THAT IF I CUD BUY,I WUDN'T KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN.
WILL GIVE YOU A FEW POLYSTYRENE EGGS I MADE THAT YOU CAN PUT ON YR CHRISTMAS TREE NEXT YEAR.THEY ARE DECORATED WITH BEADS,RIBBON & SEQUENCES.
LOVE YOU GUYS LOTS, MARY
Post a Comment