Last night Katherine rang to say she has some cream cakes that needed sharing and could she pop in for tea......obviously Si and I eagerly agreed, and before long she was walking up our outside stairs commenting on how dangerous they were going to be in the snow....well that was enough to send me into 50 fits and I became convinced I was going to fall going down them the next time I was carrying Nicholas - in an attempt to settle my shattered nerves I begged Si to sneak down the road and get some grit from the council grit box so that we could grit the stairs before the impending snow.
Of course my husband would have nothing of it so Catherine and I grabbed our pink bucket (not at all conspicuous) and set off down the road at 9.30pm on a recce mission. We couldn't stop laughing as we half filled the bucket and then hot footed it home to sort out the stairs....my first foray into theft????? Well fortunately it would seem not as I have since found out you are able to help yourself to small quantities of grit free of charge to ensure that your home is safe.....shew a close call lol
And then.......
Earlier today my friend Kirsty (another photo nut) sent me a text suggesting a photo expedition to Wakehurst place....even though the roads can be dangerous it seemed sacrilege to miss such a fantastic opportunity so it didn't take much for us to make a plan and off we went.
Unfortunately Wakehurst was closed up pretty tight so we set off for Bordehill Gardens, which was also closed, but not as tightly.....before I knew it we had decided to scale the (very low) fence around the property and were inside happily snapping photos of the most amazing scenery. All was going swimmingly until I spotted an official looking person standing outside the manor house looking straight at the very big exposed area Kirst and I had to cross in order to get back out of the gardens....

Well on seeing him (and wondering how I was going to explain to Si I had been arrested for breaking and entering) I decided to jump down a 6 foot wall to make my escape while poor Kirsty (shorter then I am) hid behind a tree waiting for said jumper to disappear. He finally turned his back and while I kept watch ducked down behind the wall Kirsty made a mad 100m dash in a foot of snow towards our escape path.....I haven't laughed like that in ages - as she said later the worst he prob would have done is ask us to leave and explain that we couldn't be there, but the little tiny element of danger was such fun ;0)

Thanks for such a good laugh Kirsty, def an afternoon to remember and not just for the stunning photography!
2 comments:
oh i giggle everytime we talk about this event - such innocent fun !!!!
SOUNDS LIKE YOU REALLY HAVE GREAT FUN WITH "STEALING" THE GRIT FOR YOUR STEPS & THEN TRESPASSING ONTO ANOTHER PERSONS PROPERTY TO TAKING PHOTOS.I WOULD HAVE BEEN ROLLING FROM LAUGHTER WATCHING YOU GUYS.
HUGS & KISSES, MARY
Post a Comment