Today was Phillip's Christmas play at school and I must say I was really really impressed - each year (year 3 to year 6) did a 10 minute performance based on the Christmas traditions of different countries around the world. The standard was so high and the children spoke with confidence - I normally find the parts of these shows were my own children aren't on stage a little bit like watching paint dry (I know I know, but it just isn't my thing), but today was really different, the children were engaging and the subject interesting....such a lovely afternoon.
Year 4 chose Russia as their country and my precious son was selected as the narrator - those who know him well will know just what a big deal this is.....this from the boy who just 2 short years ago wasn't able to be a sheep in the play because he had to stand too close to the front of the stage. Phillip handle his role with finesse and I was a very proud mommy sitting in the audience listening to parents around me commented on just how well he was speaking. The production was closed by the school choir and once again I was stunned to see my boy up front and center - Well done Philly you are our super star!!!!!
2 comments:
very very well done PHIL - you are a star !!!!
fan-flipping-tastic what a wonderfull achievement - man alive you have come far from the shy little boy in hillcrest primary school - loving the more mature confidant you !!!
Post a Comment