As with many things in life it was a little bit of a case of hurry up and wait as, although I was originally on the docket for 9am, the birth of twins and two emergency caesars pushed us down the time sheet. Finally a little before 2pm when we were called to the theater and Dr Fooad's professional, friendly manner went along way in relaxing my quite anxious beating heart at this point.
To be honest the feeling was a bit surreal, it is one thing to agree to a caesar when you have been through hours and hours of labour, but quite another to walk calmly into a room, lie down on a bed and know that just behind a sheet there is going to be someone cutting into your stomach to remove your baby....and all this while you are awake. There is no adrenalin pumping and no endorphins in the system and I confess to feeing a bit sick at the thought as I waited for the spinal block to go into place.
Dr Fooad was very quick and efficient and at 2.21pm the Anesthetist nurse was telling Si he could look over the sheet to see our precious bundle take her first breath....she was perfect from the first second and scored 9/10 and 10/10 on her apgars, there was no need for suction and within minutes Si was holding our beautiful daughter so that I could look at her face for the first time.



As with my first three the love was immediate and overwhelming and I thank God for this wonderful gift, our second baby girl, a cherished soul to close the circle of our family.
Retrospectively the elective caesar was the best thing I could have done for me and the care we received from the hospital was second to none. I developed Sinus Tachycardia for no apparent reasn on day two and the number of tests etc conducted (on the NHS) to ensure my health and well being was staggering, there are private medical systems all over the world that could learn a thing or two from the medical staff on this public health system.
A truly wonderful experience from beginning to end.....Welcome to our world little Elizabeth Lynne, may you be blessed by God all the days of your life xxxx
3 comments:
Well gf your family is now complete - you have grown in numbers, in love, and in your journey in your new home. Seems like all is now in place to just enjoy and savour all the wonderful blessings you have in abundance.
Congratulations on your beautiful gift of love... little Elizabeth.
I'm so inlove with your family...and now totally in love with the new addition and cannot wait to watch her grow through your photography skills.
She is so blessed to have come into such an amazing and loving family...
Congratulations....you feel like you my family as well.
This is rather late, but congratulations and may Elizabeth bring you and Simon as much joy and happiness aas your other three children.
Post a Comment