What a week it has been...a real roller coaster of emotions and frustrations, but as I sit typing all is well and looking positive for the immediate future.
On Tuesday just as I was preparing to visit the midwife for my two weekly checkup, our little Titch had a massive anaphalactic shock reaction to a bee sting and literally collapsed in my arms only moments after having been outside playing. To say it was a horrid experience is an understatement but fortunately, as we live very close to the vet, I was able to get her there within 10 minutes and although she stopped breathing in the car on the way they were able to save her life and it was with great relief that I brought her home on Wednesday evening.
Wednesday saw my long awaited appointment with the Head of Obstetrics at the Princess Royal to discuss my ongoing request for an elective c-section. Sadly due to no good obstetric reason (I have had 3 successful natural deliveries before) I was once again declined but due to my "state of mind" was referred to a second consultant to see if I could convince him to go ahead with the procedure.
That appointment took place at the hospital on Saturday morning and the consultant Dr Fooad was so lovely that I couldn't help but like him from the get go. He was patient, understanding, listened to my story, gave me his opinion but ultimately agreed that it was my decision as a woman to choose my birth experience and so signed me off for a c-section on Friday 3rd June.
We are now in the last frantic throws of planning all the logistics around baby's arrival, the excitement in the house is palpable and I am enjoying the experience (which I haven't had before) of knowing exactly when little one is due to arrive (must be the control freak in me lol).
6 comments:
I have an unpopular viewpoint, but in my book c-sections are awesome. Yes I know there are a gazillion reasons why folks would argue with me, but having had two, seriously, I would choose no other way to give birth. Wish you the *best* of luck, and if they give you pethidine and allow you to self dose, in the words of my gynae, "Don't be a hero, press that button!!"
aaaahhhh GF....soooo excited for this event!!.....and you have surely had it all....so count yourself lucky...the experience of natural but also now the freedom to choose C-section for reasons that place SAFETY of mother and child FIRST. Good luck!!!...enjoy these last few days, before your lives change in a big wa once again....my thoughts are with you....
Bee XXX
I can't believe the little one will be here this week...can't wait to see what she/he looks like;-)
Will pray that all goes well.
xx
So excited for you!! Whoop whoop!
I had 3 elective caesars and not a bad word to say about them. Point is that whatever way you go YOU NEED TO BE HAPPY.
Much love to you all over this exciting time
Oh heavens thats so so so soon, how exciting ~ I will be watching and waiting for updates on that day...
Am so excited for each and every one of your family members...A NEW BABY!!!!
Wow its so exciting & as long as you & the baby are healthy happy, thats all that matters. Can just imagine the excitement & Friday will be a wonderful day for all of you. Holding you all in our prayers. xxxx
Post a Comment