Sunday, 3 April 2011

Sunday 3rd April 2011

Today is Mothering Sunday in England and although I wasn't spoilt materially (we don't go in for that kind of thing) it has been a very special day filled with lots of little thoughtful moments that mean the world to me.

I was woken this morning by Megs with a big cup of tea (made just the way I like it), two chocci biscuits (the girl knows what her mother likes lol) and a cute homemade card telling me why she loves me.

About 15 mins later it was Nick Nick's turn and Si had even facilitated him making his own card which he proudly gave me with the biggest smile on his face - he then spent the next 5 minutes explaining what all the different "squiggles" where....would seem my card consisted of a duck and rather a lot of spiders lol.

Phill followed shortly after with a tray of bacon and eggs and of course another homemade card detailing the reason's he loves me. As I said, spoilt spoilt spoilt. Breakfast was finished off by two toasted hot cross buns (another of my absolute favourites) and it was a miracle that I could actually get out of bed at 10am with all the food I had eaten.

Si and I took Nick out for a long walk mid morning at one of our local conservancies (well we walked and he slept) and having picked up a good chick flick for me for this evening (Eat, Love, Pray), I think I can honestly say it has been one of the nicest Mother's Day ever, no one has fought, we have done lots of laughing and the children have all tried really hard to put my needs in front of their own....a special day, thanks guys for all the effort :0)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww - Happy mother's day for yesterday :)

linda andrew said...

perfect - we also celebrate with acts of service and quality time - it can be far too materialistic and we prefer to not buy gifts and to do similar to what you all did
glad you had a lovely day - you deserved it

Lynette Jacobs said...

It is all these little moments that makes life and motherhood in particular so worthwhile. I am so glad you were blessed with such a wonderful day.

Beryldene said...

sounds like your mothers day was simply sublime gf...enjoying all the heartfelt things that make life worth living!!