Saturday, 23 April 2011

Saturday 23rd April 2011

If this Spring is anything to go by then I think we are in for an AMAZING Summer this year.

As today was another magnificent day with electric blue skies and temps forecast to touch 26 degrees at midday what better way to spend it than back down on Camber Sands with some of our very special friends.

We met up with Kirsty, Kevin and their beautiful children Max and Lottie a little after 10.30am and Nick Nick and Max were soon running around the beach making it their own under the watchful eye of Kev, whilst Kirst and I sat in the sun chatting, Megs read her book and Si and Phil attempted to build a fort strong enough to resist the incoming tide.

We were joined after lunch by the Viljoens and all the children played so well together boogy boarding and just celebrating being young and alive. Rob bought a boat and some lilo's off people leaving the beach which I think was the highlight of the day for the kidlets and it was once again a very tired but extremely happy family that finally made our way off the beach 6 hours after arriving.

Although my pelvis is still giving me hassles I feel that all this sunshine, sand and fresh air has definitely strengthened me mentally (never mind turing my pasty white skin to a lovely golden brown) and I am finally able to face the next 6.5 weeks till bambino arrives.

5 comments:

clare said...

Love the new look!

The pics are sooooo the British seaside, I had to laugh xxx

Jenny in Durbs said...

Wow the light is gorgeous & your pics are fabulous. Whew it not long till your little one arrives enjoy.

Marcelle said...

Your photo's are outstanding!!! I love the first one the most, it says so much....and so well captured.
I see most arrived to the beach with very pale skin and am sure by the end of the day they are all showing off lovely tans!!!

CG said...

This probably IS our summer!! In July we'll all be saying" remember our wonderful Easter?" as we all huddle under umbrellas!

Beryldene said...

Ahhh...lovely sunshine and summer play GF...so awesome to see you all out enjoying it...xxx