7.20pm and we have only just come inside after a couple of hours out working in and enjoying our garden as a family. We have lived in our new home for almost 3 months now and as the summer is evolving we are enjoying it more and more.

I have often said that God works all things for a purpose and I am more convinced than ever that our time spent renting at both Finches Gardens and Portsmouth Lane were all part of our learning and growth process. Si and I have been lucky enough to always own our homes (before coming here) and so had no idea of the reality of renting, I guess in many ways we took our homes for granted and never fully appreciated the sense of belonging that ownership brings.

We settled in England a long time ago, but now for the first time we are really able to start putting down roots and it is AMAZING how we are enjoying all the DIY tasks around the house and every little thing we finish is a MAJOR achievement...even mowing the lawn with our new lawn mower is a family affair and we were all out working together, the boys learning how to become master gardeners whilst Megs (under a small amount of teenage duress) even joined us for a bit and I cut back some killer thorn bushes around our fence.



This is a new kind of happiness and contentment and I am as ever grateful that it is part of our journey and that we are still continuing to grow almost 3 years into our adventure.
4 comments:
what lovely sentiment. can't wait to come and have a braai in your lovely family worked garden! xx
gf i must say your garden is a far cry from that lonely single tree in the middle of your first house in England...LOL!...i can just imagine how beautiful it will be in a short while, and all the more so once Jill's got her hands on it...
I agree, renting sucks"!!
WE renting now and have for 7 years since living in Germany, for us its not worth buying although every now and again the bug bites up...so really happy to read how having your own home makes you feel....its so true.
Lovely action photo's taken of your day out in the garden.
I love the pics and yes gardening is something the whole family should get involved in - its a learning process which I have now realised I know nothing about due to having Moffat around once a week :(
Post a Comment