Friday, 8 April 2011

Friday 8th April 2011

One of the things I LOVE most about the English is their ability to relax and be happy when the sun shines. In parks, cities, beaches and gardens around the country people are out chatting, playing with their children and walking, literally soaking up the vitamin D...they really do know how to make the most of glorious weather.

On Wednesday the weather cleared and it has been pretty close to 20 degrees for the last two days (in fact on Tuesday it topped out at 25 around lunch time in Haywards Heath), now by South African standards that is still jumper and scarf weather but here it heralds shorts, t-shirts, sunglasses and ice-cream.

I have personally felt like a new person and the children and I have spent every last second hanging outside, the sky has been HUGE and bright blue and you simply can't help getting caught up in the holiday fever it creates....lets hope it lasts for the school holidays which started today.

I feel a phenominal summer comming on!

3 comments:

Marcelle said...

First of all, STUNNING photo's of your beautiful, happy family!!

I also find that 20 degrees in Germany is a lot hotter than in CT...in CT I would be complaining that I was cold and here I'm in my summer gear...

Lynette Jacobs said...

Gorgeous photos Andrea...the sun never fails to create happiness:-)

Beryldene said...

AHHHH SUN...GF you know how much I love the the warmth - i can just sense the cheerfulness in your post - such beautiful pics of the kids and precious furry love too:-DD