Late last week was Megan's main Parent/Teacher evening for year 8....there is a day held in both the first and third term where we are able to meet with her tutor, but this is the only night of the year when we are able to make short appointments to see all or any of her subject teachers to discuss progress etc.
After receiving an exceptional report with all subject grades firmly on target for her year end mark and well within the above average range (and on target for her University Entrance) I was at a bit of a loss as to who to speak to....finally we decided on Spanish (as I am totally unable to help her with this subject so needed guidance), English (to see how her dyslexia is affecting her progress), Geography (the only subject her grade remained static in) and Science (her top mark but also the only subject her absences this term have affected).
It would seem that my daughter has won all her teachers squarely over and without exception they commented on what a polite, intelligent child she is and what an outstanding attitude and work ethic she has. Her Science mark is the highest in her class and one of the highest in her year and it all just reinforced for me what the right support can do for a child....the English education system may have failed many, but my Megs has def been one of the success stories.
NICHOLAS
Nicholas had his first day at nursery school today and I am now more sure than ever that I made the right decision with the school I chose. I collected a happy, relaxed little boy who had spent 3.5 hours playing and apart from a few tears when he realised I wasn't around he seemed to have had a lovely afternoon.

I was impressed with the thorough feedback I received from his key worker and he seemed already very comfortable with the adults in authority and happy to return on Wednesday morning. Such a HUGE relief!
7 comments:
One doesn't realise until one has kids- how important 'the school' is. Being happy with your kids school makes ALL the difference in the world. So good to know your kids are thriving.
This little boy, TOTALLY, melts my heart!!!
He is such a cutie...pity he has to grow up;-)
I am totally with you on the school system here - it works although for some it is difficult.
SUCH great news about Megs my friend!....you and Si must be SO PROUD!!...a mother's heart always takes great comfort in the well being of her children:-))....Nick Nick is looking soooo adorable - just TOO much, - just LOVe the UNI, and so glad he has settled well....looks like all is going according to plan xxx
Great that Megan is doing so well - and as for little Nicholas - I want to eat him up!!!
Megan is a real star, isn't she? And so glad N is settling down well at nursery.
Post a Comment