Monday, 24 May 2010

Monday 24th May 2010

Today is our 13th Wedding anniversary and I can honestly say the time seems to have flown since I walked down the aisle at Clairwood Racecourse all those years ago. Si and I have been together 19 years in all and I knew from very early on that our relationship was one of the good ones....Simon is a strong father, an excellent provider and most importantly a nourishing and loving husband, he has given me the space when I have needed it and supported me unwaveringly in all my ventures - Si is the one of the very few people who know me warts and all and he loves me anyway.

We also started our immigration adventure 2 years ago today so the 24th May has come to be of huge significance in my life - this journey has brought us together and made us grow in ways we could never imagine and it has added so many wonderful new colours and textures to the tapestry of our lives....I could not think of a person I would rather be with every single day and although there have been thorns in our marriage our "rose garden" is definitely dominated by beautiful strong flowers.

I love you my husband and this post seems terribly insignificant and unable to really express the depth of feeling I have today....thank you, in the words of our first dance "I am everything I am because you love me"

7 comments:

Marcelle said...

Beautiful post and congratulations, I've never lasted 13 years in a relationship...

Jannine H said...

Congratulations to you both. Wishing you many more years of bliss. Thanks also for the birthday message. It was kind of you to remember. Love Jannine

Jannine H said...

Oh, and we need to see a wedding photograph, please. I love sentimental old photographs.

Beryldene said...

Hey GF!

To you both - well done on this wonderful life and love you share. I also feel blessed that you two were brought together, because I love that I can call you both "FRIEND". Here's to a lifetime of happiness, joy, laughter, love, health and wealth together, with your awesome family!

Love
The Stemps

Jenny in Durbs said...

Congrats & what a lovely post.

Ella Swan said...

Aaaah! I've been with DH 24 years now & there is no one to beat him that's for sure. I believe in soulmates - a scary thought really - but for me I don't think I could find someone who would fit the bill so perfectly. Sounds like you feel the same. Isn't it great?! We sure are blessed ;-D

Michelle Ramsay said...

Sorry this is late, but congratulations. I know the feeling - Dereck have been married 26years on 16 June and been together for 30 and I knew from the day I met him he was the one for me.