Saturday, 8 May 2010

The colours of my Life

I was reading a post on a new blog I have started following - Mommy Snark and she mentioned that her new baby has already added a vibrant colour to the fabric of their family and yup that was all I needed, my mind was flying, imagining what colours my own precious children bring to my life and this is the aftermath of those thoughts.

Megan is purple, a deep colour with different shades depending on the angles. Megan is my safe colour, my constant, she is the one I can trust to be deeply honest and although she doesn't wear her heart on her sleeve I know her every thought as if it was my own. Megs can be light and playful like a mauve flower or she can be as deep as a huge thundercloud before an enormous and refreshing storm. The head of the siblings she takes her responsibility for her brothers very seriously, there is something solid, dependable and wonderful about Megs....to me definitely a rich and special perfect purple girl.

Phillip has to be yellow, his sunny disposition lights up any room and he is always ready with a joke or mad exercise to get a laugh. Always on the move and seldom still Phillip is my breath of fresh air, exasperating at times he reminds us all that life is to be lived and you can't do that if you aren't taking risks and pushing the boundaries constantly. Phillip lifts our family with his kind heart and compassionate nature, he is as warm as the sun on a hot summers day and as gentle as a yellow butterfly flitting amongst the flowers.....my super special yellow boy.

Nick Nick is for me blue, the colour of a gentle stream balming my soul in this chaotic world, making things right when all around is frantic and out of place, he is too young at this point to truly tell his personality, but I think that Nicholas will grow to be a strong and peaceful man, he already has an inner serenity that I have never seen before and there is something in him that draws others to him. Nicholas is the blue of a huge South African sky, open and wide with possibilities, my much longed for beautiful blue boy.

2 comments:

Lisel Louw Greyling said...

Andrea, the way you speak and experience your children is inspirational! The way you put love down on "paper" will mean so much to them some day - your are so admired by myself and I'm sure by others! Thank you for being you - I think everyone needs an Andrea in their life - I know I'm happy I do :-). Much love my friend! xxx

linda andrew said...

love that colour analysis description - colour to me says it all - when i describe food decor clothes and now children - my cup of GREEN TEA