


Most of these gardens are managed by the National Trust and are open to the public for a nominal fee, I became an annual member of Wakehurst Place in Ardingly last year and decided to renew again this year as for £22 I can literally visit the gardens every day if the urge takes me. Today was one of those days, inspired by the bluebells in Blunts Wood yesterday Nicholas and I set off for a long walk after checking out a nursery for him early this morning.




Wakehurst Place is spectacular at this time of the year and I spent two hours wondering around enjoying the beauty nature serves up every spring in this country. While Nicholas slept peacefully in his pram I found my mind wandering aimlessly over many different topics and at one point while down amongst the bluebells I found myself to be deeply and truly happy - not the euphoric, excited, huge bubble kind of happy but rather a deep, quiet and somehow hugely significant kind of happy.....a contentment I don't know if I have ever felt before and it was good that it happened whilst I was alone, with no input from others, but totally at peace with myself.



What happened yesterday and what will come tomorrow (metaphorically speaking) had no significance at all, in those moments I let go all the guilt and the frustration and literally walked away from it, I have no doubt that they will return as that is human nature after all, and before long I will once again be confronted by my less than perfect self but for right then I was at peace with who I am and where I am and what I am doing for right now and it was a deeply spiritual moment for me. God's grace was all around me in the beauty of my surroundings and for that brief period of time I felt Him say "it is okay my child" and I believed.
6 comments:
wow!
You certainly to live in the most beautiful part...those photo's show such beauty and color around you...enjoy!!
GF...if you know me, you will have some idea of how I ooohed and ahhhhed over this MAGNIFICENT BEAUTY that you have managed to capture...so AWESOME to see it through your eyes and your soul...
And the best news is you get to call it "home"...
What stunning pictures. No wonder you are so happy and at peace with everything. That is why you have managed to be so happy and content with your move. Beautiful.
I am starting to feel the same way more and more lately too.
We dont seem to have many or any of these types of parks here in this part as ours is mainly farmland. Your pics are beautiful and I LOVE your new look!!
Absolutely awesome & your photos are spectacular as ususal. May you always have peace & joy.
Post a Comment