Monday, 26 October 2009

23-25 October 2009

I can honestly say that this last weekend has been one of the happiest we have spent in England, not because of anything specific or one big event but because it was filled with so many "true bliss" moments.

Friday morning Nick and I spent with friends at a baby group which is always lovely and that set the tone for the rest of the weekend, we were both happy and relaxed and I think that goes along way towards establishing the mood of the rest of the family.

Saturday I had a fully booked schedule with Tums 2 Tots Photography and spent 7 hours completing 11 back to back photo shoots - total bliss.....this has to be one of my favourite ways to pass a day and it was made even more special when my NCT group came through so that we could photograph all 5 babies together (a bit of a challenge, but loads of fun). Simon and our children also had a chilled day at home so we were all in the zone on Saturday night sitting down to home made pizza and movies.

Sunday was a very slow start and as the weather is still very mild for this time of year we decided to go for a walk along Ardingly Reservoir after lunch....it was gorgeous to watch Nicholas running along the paths exploring the stones and leaves with his big sister and to sit on the side of the dam playing "I spy" as a family....lots of sillyness and laughter and perfect pure bliss moments - I even ended up rolling down a hill with my kids just for the pure joy of it....not advisable over 35 - hell I was dizzy :0)

Ended the weekend with a huge roast dinner and as the children are now on half term for a week I am hoping the relaxed happy atmosphere will continue for a while longer.

5 comments:

Michelle Ramsay said...

That post was the sound of absolute contentment (if there is such a word). You painted the picture of absolute bliss. I love the pictures of the toddlers - the one of Ruby on her own is a classic. I can just picture you rolling down the hill - the type of thing I would also do with my kids - ha ha ha ha. Enjoy the term break and the time spent with your children.

linda andrew said...

brilliant!!!!! good pics - well done

Beryldene said...

hey gf..
life seems to be returning to normal our side at last...

still trying to play catch up...

lovely post - what gorgeous pics of the group of cherubs! so glad that you are grabbing these BUBBLES OF HAPPINESS with both hands!

Ella Swan said...

Sounds just totally blissful. You really are now totally adjusted & at home & seems like your business has really taken off too...blessings all round...Am missing your photoblog though - wanted to ask your advice on a tripod. They seem to vary so much in price that I don't know where to start! Please let me know if there are any specifics I should be on the lookout for.

mary said...

HI THERE.THE PICTURES OF THE LITTLE ONES IS GORGEOUS.RUBY HAS REALLY GROWN FROM WHEN I SAW HER IN JUNE.VERY HAPPY TO HEAR THAT YOUR BUSINESS IS BOOMING & HOPE THAT IT CONTINUES TO FOR MANY YEARS TO COME.

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE PHONECALL TO TELL ME THAT NO. 4 IS IN THE OVEN. I ALWAYS SAID THAT THERE WUD BE A NO. 4. YOU ARE SUCH AN AWESOME MOTHER.

LOVE TO ALL. MISS YOU ALL VERY MUCH, MARY