I have seen this post on a couple of my buddies blogs and it got me to thinking....so here are my answers, mostly for me and mine to understand what all this was about in years to come, but if you enjoy it as well - great!
How long have you been blogging?
Since 26th May 2008, a day after we landed in England....I didn't have the Internet at that point but kept all the entries in Word until our broadband was up and running and I could upload
Why did you start blogging?
To keep a record of this amazing journey we have been on... and to allow friends and family to follow our adventure without me having to write a hundred emails a month :-)
What have you found to be the benefits of blogging?
I have found quite a few benefits to blogging, some of which have been rather unexpected....the fact that it has allowed my parents (and other readers) to stay up to date with our lives in a way I don't think would be possible any other way is probably the biggest benefit. The friends I have made along the way is definitely the most unexpected and the cathartic experience I have every time I write a post is probably the most fulfilling. Blogging has also filled the void left by scrapbooking in my life....I have an immense need to journal and I have discovered a joy in writing that I have never really experienced before.
How many times a week do you post an entry?
I try to blog a couple of times a week....more then that and I don't find I have too much to say.
How many different blogs do you read on a regular basis?
Not as many as I would like to, I have a few regulars I visit on a weekly basis.
Do you comment on other people’s blogs?
I do try to....sometimes it is a quick "howzit" visit which normally results in a lack of comment....but I try to have a good "coffee" visit a couple of times a month.
Do you keep track of how many visitors you have?
I do find it interesting, but I wonder how effective the visitor counter is as I def haven't had nearly as many comments as I have had supposed visitors.
Do you ever regret a post that you wrote?
I don't think so - I do try to think about the people who will be reading the post before I write it and try to be sensitive to their feelings as much as to my need to be honest and chronical my life.
Do you think your audience has a true sense of who you are based on your blog?
I think so, I am nothing if not honest on the blog and my readers have def been through the ups and downs of this journey with me.
Do you blog under your real name?
Oh yes
Are there topics that you would never blog about?
Oh yes, sometimes it is better not to write it down, especially if it is a negative experience which won't help anyone or teach you anything, then I let it go and do my best to forget about it.
What is the theme/topic of your blog?
Our life in England
Do you have more than one blog? If so, why?
I have a couple of blogs...Nic's pic so that my general readership don't get bored to death with a million photos of my littlest, but which some readers follow religiously. What I know about taking photos to scratch my itch when it comes to my first love and to share a little bit of what I know with anyone who may be interested. Pedal Studio which is linked to work and Tums 2 Tots photography to act as a portfolio for my studio shots.
Have you ever deleted a comment from your blog?
No, even the really really nasty ones from a while back are still there
4 comments:
You really have been committed to your blog which is commendable. I'm trying to get into the habit of commenting instead of reading and leaving, but my blogging days have really turned into weekend catch up on everyones blogs. I love seeing the photos of everyone!
Your blog is fantastic and I thoroughly enjoy reading all about your journey. I comment on a select few but read quite a number.
Your blog is the first I generally read because its true to life & unbiased. Its going to be a great read in later years especially for your family. I never got the opportunity to hear my gran's views on life in Africa after they arrived from Scotland - but I would have loved it....
Such an interesting read. We all have so much to thank Blogger for ;-D Enjoy your mum-in-law & hang on to those waves, they sure are up & down for us all at the moment I think. Worldwide generally things are pretty gloomy - Shane is also finding the recession very limiting & it doesn't seem to be lifting here...
Post a Comment