Thursday, 10 September 2009

Thursday 10 September 2009

Whenever we have people in our home my blogging drops off considerably so please bare with me for a while as my mother-in-law arrived from South Africa on Monday and will be with us until the beginning of October.

A quick update before I start the ironing though.....both kids are doing well at school and although I think Megs is a bit overwhelmed by the work load, pace and expectations of secondary school she is happy enough and we will see her through the tough bits.

Phil is flying and has invited his first school friend home tomorrow so things are looking really good and I am very encouraged by his attitude so far.

As for Simon and I we are just going along riding the good waves when we can and holding on for dear life when the waters get a bit rough lol

In other words, life is generally good and we are happy.

7 comments:

Tracy Schimper said...

hang on tight gf, this too shall pass. Saw the pic of Megan in her uniform, she's looking so grown up, its really odd starting new year in September for us. xxx

Jenny in Durbs said...

Great positive attitude & I know things will right themselves in the meantime enjoy the journey it makes you all stronger.
Your children are doing so well its wonderful to hear.
Enjoy the visit.

Rocker 38 said...

One thing I have learnt in my rollercoaster life is that just when you think you are the most stressed out you have ever been, you find the strength to carry on. Anything can be overcome if you have your head and your heart "right" and you certainly have that sorted! Good luck, you have all you need to get through this. (will even forgive you for not blogging as often.... though I will miss you)

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the company from home. Good to hear the kids are happy.

Michelle Ramsay said...

Enjoy having family in your home and life is what you make of it, and you are making it well!

Gill said...

So glad your kiddos are settling in well to the new school year. My Paula started high school this year and she also found the pace a bit tough going at first, but it's amazing how quickly they get into it. I'm sure Megan will be fine with it in a month or two.

Beryldene said...

brilliant news that Megs and Phil are happy and settling! Doesn't that just take a load off..and now for that load of IRONING..LOL!

I'm sure having all these visitors sure does make time fly for you gf.