It would seem that the problem with the credit card has been sorted....well to an extent any way - we are having to close the account, and thereby cut off one of our lines of credit but at least the money will be refunded within 30 days and no further amounts have been taken at this point.
I have always been a believer that if something is meant to happen the doors will open easily and in the same vain, doors will also close where and when they need to. So by this I have to believe that what we are doing is right because over the last couple of months the doors to South Africa have been gradually closing, through no real action of our own, but rather a series of events which seem to me to be God's way of saying "Go on now, going back is not the way".
So with that in mind we are now establishing our real life roots here, we no longer look to our South African doctors for advice, and I took a huge step this week in finally releasing my link to Brian Williams in South Africa and taking Megan to see an ENT here about her ears - these are the HUGE steps of a second year of immigration.... if the first year is spent surviving, establishing connections and exploring our environment, it would seem that the second year is about releasing those last safety nets and finally learning to live with both feet firmly planted in our new home....almost as scary as leaving in the first place.
So it is onward and hopefully upwards for the Robertson family - 16 months after we landed in England we are still going strong and although I know a lot of people who wouldn't live here for anything in the world, and many who have left because they couldn't find their space, I believe England has a lot more to offer then people give it credit for and although I will always have a strong African heartbeat I am really really growing to love my new home.
4 comments:
Fantastic attitude, your family will go from strength to strength & you can only go forward. You will always find pros & cons everywhere but look for the positive & the sun will be shining. Have a magic weekend.
Life is definitely what you make it Andrea & all the "benefits" of living in South Africa are mostly null & void now years into "Independence". I also believe in things taking their natural course & being a "sign" & trying to fight that never really works...so glad you got the money refunded...must be a huge relief for you. When we left Zim 3.5 years ago the second year was the releasing one for us too & after our trip there for the 2nd Christmas in a row I said I would never go back...and never want to!
You have been successful in your move because of the positive attitude you and Simon have. Well done and glad the credit card saga is sorted out.
GF what a lovely space you are in, and you know what I always say, life is too short, so you either have to LOVE or LEAVE where you live if it's not working for you, and just as there are schools for children and houses for families, I believe there are countries for people, and we aren't all a perfect match for the same place, or the same person etc - thank goodness for that!
The main thing is that we all stay true to ourselves and where and how we live, so that we can follow the BLISS.......I'm so glad you have found yours..
Post a Comment