The eve of our 4th Christmas in England and even though we miss time with family as much tonight as we did on our first Christmas Eve here, we at least have the comforting familiarity of knowing that tonight is carols, mulled wine and munchies at the Viljoen house and then tomorrow we will join them again for a lovely hot sit down lunch.
Robert, Kerry and their children are undoubtedly our English family, we have laughed together, cried together, bickered together and 3.5 years after meeting this wonderful family we are probably as close to them as we have ever been to anyone.
I know that these are the people we can turn to in a crisis but we can also sit and watch movies together on a Sunday afternoon curled under blankets, Kerry and I can spend hours talking and she has become the person I often turn to when I need to unpick something in my head.
When we first met and Kerry and I discovered that our life paths had already crossed twice before, Kerry told me that she felt God had a purpose for each of us in the other's life and whatever that purpose turns out to be I am just so grateful that she is one of my "people" and that her precious family are as close to me as my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment