Some of the highlights however do include:
Phillip's 11th Birthday Party - Delta Force: Crawley (23rd October 2011)
Phill hasn't really had a party in the last couple of years and finally this year he felt in the right space to get out there with some special mates and celebrate. We booked 18 spaces at our local paintball centre and 12 boys and 6 Dads spent the day running around various themed arenas doing what boys like to do best....shoot the hell out of anything that moved lol.



It was lovely to watch Phill with his friends and see what a confident young man he has become, the party really rocked and seems to have set the tone for the remaining parties this year as we have already had an invite to another party at the same venue because "it was so so cool".




Tom's Naming Day Ceremony - Whitley Bay (30th October 20110Now that we are living in the same country, Tanya and I are once again in each other's daily lives (even if we actually only see each other in person a few times a year) and I was thrilled when she asked me to be God Mother to her youngest Son Tom.


On Saturday 29th Beth and I jumped on the train to New Castle and once again I simply can't rate this method of transport highly enough. In hours it took me almost exactly the same time door to door as it would have to drive (6 hours) but instead of the stressed wreck I would have been had I driven, I was able to sleep, read and feed Beth during the trip and arrived relaxed and looking forward to a weekend of celebration and time spent with Tanya's boys.

The naming ceremony was lovely and filled with words of strength and affirmation that I know Tom will cherish when he is old enough to look back on them with understanding. It was stunning to spend time with Aunty Gail (Tanya's mom) and to finally put faces to the names of many of Tanya's closest friends. The remainder of the weekend was spent chatting and walking and playing and eating...some of my most favourite things....I so cherish time with my oldest and dearest friend.
Aside from the above two lovely distractions, school hunting for Nick has been the order of the day and I am really relieved that all the schools in our area have me feeling positive especially considering the council gets to decide which one he will attend.
1 comment:
It is good to catch up with the goings on in your life. You make me long for a train ride.
Post a Comment