Friday, 14 October 2011

Friday 14th October 2011

Today a year ago my precious family (less little Elizabeth) were boarding our connecting flight to France on our way back to South Africa to visit. I know it is an ongoing theme of this blog but at the risk of repeating myself yet again I cannot believe that 12 months have passed since I last saw my Dad, our extended family, all the Robertson's in JHB and some very dear friends.

Some of the things that have happened in the last 12 months
  • Bought a house
  • Survived a difficult pregnancy and delivered a precious baby girl into our home
  • Nick Nick has started nursery
  • Phill has entered his final year of primary education
  • Found a church that the whole family is excited to be a part of
I think it is safe to say that as our 4th Christmas approaches we are well and truly settled in our adopted country and thoughts of returning to South Africa, although never frequent have finally disappeared altogether.

3 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

Those are major milestones in your life. I always marvel at how well your family adapted to your new country.

Jenny in Durbs said...

Well done, you guys have worked so well together to go through the ups & downs & have really triumphed. Enjoy your happiness & family.

Joanne said...

Interesting we are heading for our 3rd Christmas here feels like you have been here a lot longer. x