Wednesday, 27 July 2011

Wednesday 27th July 2011

Today has arrived altogether too quickly for my liking and is the first day without my lovely mom in 6 weeks...the conservatory where she slept is far too quiet and empty and Nick keeps asking when Nanny is coming back to his home.

Mom's trip this time seemed to fly by way to fast and I can't believe that she is gone again for another year. Her little touches are still in the house and when I stand at my kitchen window looking at the gorgeous garden she has helped us create I know that a little bit of her heart remains with us and that she is never far away in spirit.

Again it was thanks to the unselfishness of my Dad that we were able to have this wonderful time together and I only hope he knows how much we appreciate his sacrifice, Mom certainly leaves a HUGE hole in the house when she is not there.

5 comments:

Tanya said...

lovely pics, esp the one with Beth. I know how much help your mom was and I know how much you will miss her and how much she will miss all of you. It's hard this being separated from your family business and I so know how you feel. I'm on the other end of the phone if you need me and am busily planning our next meet up.... xxx

Valkyrie said...

My mom is the only thing in SA that I miss, and have missed sorely since arriving on the 5th :( but at least she's going to visit next Summer.

Marcelle said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I miss my grandkids and know how your mom feels having to leave you all behind when she returns.
I love the photo's.....

linda andrew said...

wonderfull family time - you know how much i cry for my lovely family back in SA - goodness me i get tears in my eyes just typing this knowing its ages till i see one of them again - to think my parents havnt seen their lovely grand daughters in years - what ever would we all do without skype and emails and cheap phone calls to SA

Beryldene said...

Lovely memories GF....my heart does ache for you...but as you say the essence of wonderful Jill is everywhere and will remain until she fills all those spaces with more of her love again:-)