Monday, 18 July 2011

Saturday 16th July 2011

Nicholas will be turning 3 at the end of the month and I would be lying if I said the thought of his birthday party, in our current circumstances, hadn't been filling me with dread. Luckily the solution presented itself to me in the form of my lovely friend Kirsty and her suggestion of a joint celebration for Nick, her son Max and a third friend Richard.

The morning dawned grey and raining, but as we had booked a hall for the event the stress levels remained low and I was able to really enjoy the final preparations. The boys had an absolute blast and loved all the Gruffalo themed food and decorations.

Meg and Phill where wonderful keeping the little ones entertained at the biscuit decorating and craft tables and in Nick Nick's words it certainly turned out to be "the best party ever". A happy day for my darling little boy and one made extra special by the fact that his Nanny was there to share it with him.

5 comments:

Michelle Ramsay said...

Stunning -I just love the decorations and theme. Certainly looks like everyone had a great time. Hope you are feeling a bit better as you recover from the birth of your new baby girl. She is getting big

Jenny in Durbs said...

Wow Andrea & you were worried ! It looks gorgeous & the boys looked like they had a wonderful time, its so nice to hear that Meg & Phil are so helpful - a wonderful famly event. 3 years already.

Marcelle said...

OMG you have the most beautiful little son....I adore him via your pictures...
Love your family, want to be part of it, always looks like a family filled with such love.

Tanya said...

lush!

Lynette Jacobs said...

What a wonderful idea to combine the birthday...beautiful photos...looks like they had an awesome time.