Wednesday, 18 May 2011

Wednesday 18th May 2011

Yesterday afternoon at around 1.30pm I was literally dropped to the floor by the most excruciating pain on the left side of my back....in fact if I hadn't been home alone I would have been convinced that someone had walked up and stabbed me in my left kidney. After a very confused (and I am sure distressing) phone call to Si in London he convinced me that I was going to have to contact someone closer to home for help and it was at that point that a number of angels entered my life....

Michelle for agreeing to take Megs for an undefined and unlimited period of time; Rachel for agreeing the same about Phillip. Kirsty for arriving at our home to take me to the hospital and then managing not only Nicholas but her own baby girl Lottie and fielding phone calls from my distraught husband all whilst hanging around a hospital waiting room; Romy for being at my beside and staying with me (complete with holding my vomit bowl) while we waited for Si to get in from London and Kerry for coming into our home with dinner for Si, and taking Nicholas home with her so that Si could come to the hospital to be with me and a huge number of people who started praying the minute they found out I was ill.

I am always totally overwhelmed by these experiences, not only by how quickly things can change but more importantly by how incredibly we are supported by the people in our lives, I know that my parents so far away in South Africa find solace that we have the support group that we do here.

3 comments:

Rhian Claire said...

Thinking of you gf - wish I was closer but know EXACTLY how special all those angels without wings are - we too, have an amazing group of angel that have been sent our way for those distressing times when we thought that ONLY family could fill the gap! Get well soon - you too are someone's angel and one day you'll pay it forward without even realising it!

Marcelle said...

I saw this on FB...so nice to read about what happened in more detail.
Horrible when one is so far away from family...I know when I ended in hospital, all I wanted was for my mommy to be next to me, I had to be satisfied with a skype call.

Beryldene said...

GF.....how WONDERFUL that all these gf's with wings, can surround you with love and tender care when you most need it!....but you have summoned them to you and into your life, by being just the person you are...an amazing friend, mother, wife, daughter and soul sister when others need you most in return...lots of love and my thoughts are with you!