Thursday, 29 March 2012

Thursday 29th March

It has been unseasonably warm in the UK over the last 10 days or so with temps sitting in the high teens to low twenties. The little two and I have been enjoying lots of outdoor activities as a result and I can literally feel myself shaking away all the winter cobwebs with every gorgeous blue sky morning that dawns.

The "African girl" in me will forever feel a little strange however sitting around in a strappy top sipping cold cider and sunning my legs at 17 degrees where for the first 35 years of my life those kind of temperatures heralded jeans and a fleece at the very least...but although warmth at these low temperatures is so foreign to me I certainly don't miss the humidity and enjoy being able to literally have the kids outdoors for the whole day with just a single application of sunblock.

The Easter holidays start for Megan and Phillip this weekend and I really hope that the warmth persists a little longer so that they to can get some pleasure out of our garden, surrounding parks and nearby pool.

2 comments:

Marcelle said...

Lol, it's the same with me here in Germany. 18 degrees is hot and I want to wear as little as possible, even jeans are too hot. Yet when I go home 22 degrees is freezing and I need a jersey. What is it about the differences......,

Anonymous said...

Lucky you - it was snowing here this morning.