Tuesday, 10 July 2012

Tuesday 10th July 2012

A number of things have occurred in the last few weeks which have reminded me of the importance of this blog and documenting our families journey and so it is with renewed vigour that I once again pick up my proverbial pen and again begin chronicalling our life together.

What follows is a summary of the last 3 months, a hopefully not to bad attempt at catching up our story.....

APRIL 2012

A not terribly eventful month for us, the children all continued to grow and flourish, we received word that both Phillip and Nicholas have been accepted into the school's of our choice for the next academic year and as the weather remained unseasonably warm we were able to enjoy lots of fun times with friends and a stunning day trip to Longleat Safari Park, a wildlife attraction approximately 2 hours drive from us.

 
LONGLEAT was one of those quintessentially English days the likes of which we haven't enjoyed as a family for a while. Megan's friend joined us for the day and the 7 of us shared lots of laughs whilst enjoying the antics of the animals.
 
 
Titch dropped a litter of four adorable kittens without any fuss at all on the 16th and it has been an absolute joy watching them grow and develop.
 
 
Nicholas had his first riding lesson ever at Tremaines Stable and loved loved loved every minute of it.
 
 
MAY 2012

Much of the first half of the month was spent in preparation for my Dad's visit...even as I type this now I sometimes have to pinch myself to believe that he was actually here, having my father in our home was such a blessing it defies words, but more about that in a post of its own.

11-13 May 2012

Having had to postpone my now annual birthday weekend away with the girls, the time finally arrived and Kerry and I caught the train up to London to meet Tanya and Linda in Greenwich, our "village of choice" for 2012.

 
This year Elizabeth joined us and I have to say she was an absolute gem and happily fit in with all our plans...even when they included spending almost the ENTIRE day wandling around Greenwhich Market.
 
 
Visits to the Cutty Sark, Maritime Museum, Observatory Hill and oodles of chatting (some trivial, some life changing) filled the hours and as usual time flew far to fast and before long I was once again saying goodbye to my 2 beautiful friends, again closer and more anchored in our friendship than ever.

 
Lunar dropped a single kitten on the 18th and although she definitely displayed some signs of neurosis at first she quickly settled down to being an exceptional mother.


JUNE 2012

A big month for our family...our precious daughters both reached milestone birthdays and turned 1 and 14 on the 3rd and 17th respectively.

Unfortunately Beth's birthday party had to be cancelled due to her contracting Measles the day before she turned 1 but again having my Dad here to celebrate both special days with us made them lovely irrespective.

JULY 2012

A bit of a roller coaster ride for the family so far this month...well emotionally at least...on 4th July I was diagnosed with the condition Chronic Myloid Leukemia, and although by God's grace the prognosis is brilliant it has taken some coming to terms with (the process of which I am keeping for another blog). As of today I am strong and healthy and have no reason to believe that this will change.

And so there we are, 3 months is a few sentences...my intention is to blog at least once a month going forward and more frequently if the occasion requires but I certainly never intend being away from this space...my voice for such an extended period again.




 

5 comments:

CG said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CG said...

Have missed your blog, shocked by your last bit of news and hoping you will be well x

Tanya said...

Nice to see your wonderful blog back my lovely!

Rhian Claire said...

so glad you are blogging it is a really important part of our journeys - I am also trying to get back on track! Maybe for old times sake we should try for a one a month photoshare between us only if it is not too much on either of us health wise! Hugs Me x

Lynette Jacobs said...

I am so glad you're back. I must admit that I also took a bit of a dive on the bloggy front...but have also gotten back in;-)

Your two little ones are growing so quickly and are such beautiful little ones. I have not stopped praying for the Lord's hand of protection over you. I know that He is holding you.

xx