I have always loved a beautiful garden but sadly have never had the patience or inclination to develop one....until now that is. Having lived in rented accommodation for almost 3 years in England, Si and I have really come to appreciate the privilege of having our own home and although our garden is really small, we decided that we wanted to turn it into a space we could enjoy both as a family and with our wonderful friends.

As I have said, I have no idea about gardening and so it was great providence that Elizabeth was born in the early summer which also
meant that my talented mother would be arriving for 6 weeks and she would be able to help us get established with all things outdoors.

Si, Mom and I worked really really hard during her time here and although finances only permitted the establishment of one large bed, it has turned into my absolute pride and joy and I can often be found outside checking on my gorgeous roses and marveling at how wonderfully my snapdragons are coming along.

I am really beginning to feel a passion for this lovely gentle hobby and am terribly excited that I seem to have an ability with roses particularly and my 9 bushes have more that 60 buds on them combined....just wish they would all open at once and let me really glory in their beauty.
4 comments:
Wow Andrea those roses are beautiful & the colours fantastic. Enjoy your garden its gorgeous.
When this bug bites, it never ever lets go. Your roses are very pretty. This is also a wonderful way of relaxing.
Have a super weekend my friend.
xx
ah, i hear you. I would LOVE LOVE a beautiful garden but I just dont ever get to it. Now that all the rabbits are gone and spring is in the air maybe THIS YEAR i will get stuck in. Your flowers are stunning and you truly do seem to have the knack - enjoy!
so happy for you - they look stunning - glad you enjoying this very rewarding hobby
Post a Comment