Sunday, 25 September 2011

Sunday 25th September 2011

Where has this year gone, I can't believe that we are already starting to see Christmas decorations in the shops and before we know it there are going to be Father Christmas jingles on the telly and the silly season will be well and truly upon us.

With the arrival of Autumn and the changing of the leaves I can feel the family already starting to slow down for the winter and our annual "hibernation", Si has started working on the DIY around the house that was put aside through the glorious warm weather and the children will be going into Winter uniform soon, not to mention the clocks falling back in the last weekend of October.

Elizabeth is growing well and flourishing, she will be 4 months old soon and is really working hard at learning to sit on her own. She is an incredibly alert little girl and a standard comment from all who meet her (friends and strangers alike) is that she looks like she is taking everything in and wants to contribute to the conversation.

Nick is starting to settle to his new routine of school 3 times a week and although he has his moments of frustration he is coping as well as can be expected with Elizabeth's burgeoning cuteness and although we have had a few more demands of "carry me" he is once again showing his amazing capacity for change and acceptance way beyond his years.

Phill is loving being top of the school and is taking up just about every sporting opportunity presented to him. We have made his application for secondary school and although it will mean me having three children at three different schools for another three years we are really hoping we get a space at our first choice school as we really believe it will be the best option for Phill.

Megs has started year 9 in fine form and commented just the other day that things are going really well for her at the moment. Hormones seem to be settling down a bit and she is back spending more time with the family and more willing to chat about things that are going on in her life.....long may it last, those early stages of puberty took HUGE courage from all involved :0)

Si and I are doing well, he is still enjoying his job and has loved the summer and his long lunchtime walks along the Thames. I am in a good place at the moment as well (thanks in no small measure to my happy tabs I am sure), I have been referred to Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and am hoping that that will help equip me in the long run for 4 children and all the demands on my time.

I have found a church that I am really enjoying and have started the Alpha course on a Thursday night for the next 10 weeks. Since arriving in England I have had more time to explore my faith, and I have a very strong feeling at the moment of thanks giving. I feel that God is really calling me to give something back now and I am eager to explore the possibility of getting involved in parenting courses and other life enrichment workshops, so watch this space for more updates.

2 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

I am so happy for you that you have found a spiritual home and I am sure you are going to love the Alpha course. I can't believe that Elizabeth is already sitting on her own...gosh time is flying by.

Marcelle said...

Cannot believe your little girls is already sitting, time flies far too quickly.
Enjoy the Alpha course.