Thursday, 22 March 2012

Thursday 22nd March 2012

How I managed to go almost two months without blogging is quite beyond me and inexcusable really but we seem to have had rather a lot of illness in the house recently and I guess my priorities have been a bit different.

As for what we have been up to...well Si celebrated his 42nd birthday at the end of January...seems crazy that I have known him since he was 21...still love him as much today as I did back then so I guess that makes us some of the lucky ones.

Megan is well and the only one in the family that didn't succumb to any of the lurgies...probably because she spends most of her time in her room doing "teenager" things and so doesn't come into contact with the rest of us very much lol. She has chosen her GCSE subjects now and is enjoying the last of her freedom before the real work begins in September. Si and I are very pleased with her subject choices as we feel they are very well balanced and the best thing is that it was her decision. She will be taking English language, English Literature, Maths, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, History, French, Critical thinking and Design technology - cooking. So lots of hard work ahead me thinks.

Phill hasn't been well recently with a nasty gastro bug having knocked the stuffing out of him. He has been accepted to his first choice school from September and is literally counting the sleeps till he can leave primary school...there is a tendency to Molly coddle them a little bit and it is driving Phillip mad as he tries to flex his wings.

Nick nick is thriving at his nursery school and we are waiting to hear if he has a place at our first choice primary school...he is such a character and is so like his big sister it is frightening. Passionate about Wii and Xbox he has the control and understanding of all things electronic which is way beyond his years and he loves nothing more than a couple of hours gaming with his Dad or big brother.

Baby Beth is almost 10 months old and is the cutest little thing...she is packed full of spirit and I think she is going to give us quite a run around as she gets older...she already knows her own mind and has a will of steel specially when it comes to touching things she isn't supposed to. She has been crawling for about a month and spends many happy hours trashing the cats water and eating their food lol.

Generally speaking we are all in a good place and looking forward to shaking off the winter cobwebs and embracing the summer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update! Just love hearing about your beautiful family. Trust you'll all be better soon. Much love

Lynette Jacobs said...

Just when I was starting to wonder how your family is doing. Thank you for the update. I can't believe that Elizabeth is crawling and 10 months already.

Marcelle said...

Wonderful to read all your news again.
I didn't blog while in South Africa and could not wait to get back again. I've lost many readers but enjoy it so now tell myself I do it for me.